Tuesday, April 24, 2007


We're going to the zoo zoo zoo...How about you you you... :)

It's my birthday this coming weekend so this last weekend for my birthday my bestest friend ever Christy took me out for the day to celebrate ME! :)

We started our day off right...with a yummy donut for breakfast (oh, on special celebration days, diets ARE NOT allowed.) :) After, we drover down to Balboa Park area where all the museums are and such. I went and saw my first IMAX movie. It was on the coral reefs and how in certain areas they are dying. There was such amazing footage though. Beautiful fish and reefs and sharks! It was so cool. I am now inspired to go scuba diving. :)



After we headed over to the San Diego Zoo. But before we did that we made a stop at the car for lunch. That was so yummy! My husband made us peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches. They were oozers.



Onto the zoo. It was SO MUCH FUN! We saw just about everything...no, we did see everything. :) The funny part was I wanted to go see the Orangutan. There were 2 right by the glass and everyone was all gathered around. I inched my way forward to try and get some pictures and as I got up close, I noticed something a little odd. One of them was laying on the ground and the other towards the feet of the other. The one by the feet raised up the foot of the one laying on their back. Now, I'm thinking "How cute! He's playing with the others foot" and at the moment, it turned interesting. He moved the foot out of the way and mounted the other. OH MY GOSH! Had to turn away quickly, it kinda grossed me out. What's with this! Are they like exhibitionist or something! But what disturbed me most was all the parents letting their kids get up close on it and watch and all the perverts around snapping photo's like it was the president! Goodness people, that's just wrong. (the picture below was BEFORE I knew what was going on and BEFORE anything had really taken place. Just so you know. :) )



The rest of the zoo was awesome. Saw the Panda's, Koalas (they're my fav), elephants, and all kinds of other animals. Towards the end of our day we went over the where all the kitty's are (VERY BIG KITTY'S) and went over to the snow leopard's area. What a treat! They were not only out but right up against the cage are RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! They were so close I could've reach in and touched one...but the sign said not to or a band aid will appear on my finger. :) Such a beautiful cat with big fluffy tails. It was great.






After the zoo I met up with my husband and boys for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. YUMMY!!! Got my meal free. No, not cause it was my birthday...it was because at the very last bite of my scampi I noticed something in the juices...a foil wrapper thingy. I showed it to the manager just to let them know about it and to watch out for that kind of stuff and they took my meal off the bill for us. SWEET! :)




Then we parted ways and Christy and I went over to Extraordinary Deserts. If you have never been, you need to go. They specialize in pretty, elegant deserts with yummy in mind. They look beautiful and still with every bite, pure bliss. Christy had the Chocolate Raspberry cake (so thick and rich...she let me have a bite...mmmmmmmmmm) and I chose the Apple Croistini...something like that. Mine was a baked light a crispy pastry thingy with warm custard apple filling on the inside. It was delicious!






Ahhhh, the night came to a close. It was such a wonderful, WONDERFUL day. I like these kinds of gifts cause a shirt will wear, cards will fade, but the memories from this day I can keep forever. Thank you so much Christy for a great birthday present and wonderful memories. :)



2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

extraordinary deserts and pandas?! what a day!

wilma said...

okay you girls. My birthday is Dec. 11th plenty of time to do something great. Wishful thinking?
Wilma