Wednesday, April 18, 2007

New picture's of Madison! - Just wanted to share some new one's with you all and give an update. She's doing much much better after Christy and I reset her brain a few weeks ago with the training collar (it was so an accident...) Oh, I didn't share the story with you all did I. I think I will. But all you animal rights people and all that, don't get all pissy when you read this. IT WAS ACCIDENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had some issues with Maddie. She was finding it fun to chew up my couch, Jeff's shoes (one of them being his favorite) and the one that REALLY got to me, nipping and biting at my boys. We were faced with an ultimatum, well, at least she was. Shape up or ship out. My friend Christy and I took a day off to use my friends training collar and work on eliminating these bad bad habits.


We couldn't remember how to use the remote from when we last used it on Riley (her dog) so we looked up on the Internet and figured out which buttons do what. There's a positive tone, and negative tone and the shocker one.


Ok, time to figure out her level of response. There are a total of 8 settings on the remote for shocking, 1 being the least amount of shock, 8 being the most. Riley, her German Shepard/Rottweiler mix has a response to level 2. So we started her on level one....no response. Level 2.....no response. At this point, I make sure the collar is tight and in the correct place..it was. Level 3....no response. Ok, this was really weird we both thought. What kind of stubborn dog is this really!!??


Then, we set the level at 4. At this point in time, my friend Christy who is holding the remote realizes that it's not enough to just press the button once quickly, that it only would let out the negative tone then. You actually have to HOLD IT DOWN for like 2 seconds before the shocker comes on. Well, she pressed it, held it, and right in front of me (I was on the floor right in front of Maddie) she jumps 2 feet into the air, let's out a little "YIP" and tweaked to the side!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I was looking to see if she was smoking from the ears!!!! Christy started cracking up laughing and so did I (after I realized what happened and that she was ok). We only thought that happened in movies with special affects! I had no idea that a dog can jump STRAIGHT up into the air 2 feet. We laughed so hard that we cried.


Ever since that moment, she has been a totally different dog. She still jumps and is all excited when you first see her ad all but boy, she sure responds quickly when we tell her no. :) As I stated earlier, it's not that I purposely zapped my dog. She was 100% fine and it really made for a funny memory. :) Thanks Christy for your help that day. I'm glad you were the one who pressed the button and not me that way I can hold you accountable for her brain damage....HEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE Just kidding. :) She's fine really.... :)

No comments: