Friday, June 20, 2008

Beautiful way to begin summer break!



It was a beautiful day. Thursday's are my half day so after I finished work, I headed out to La Jolla beach. I had been there before to go kayaking (which I totally loved0 and thought it would be good just to hang out there as well. The day couldn't have been more beautful! the waves were a decent height, not too big to make a mom worry too much (although there were a few times I couldn't see my guys and had a panic attack just to find out they were right in front of me...hehehehehehe)



Ethan made this wonderful sand creation - volcano with little pools all around to catch the lava...and some houses and such that were destroyed and villages gone, little shell people in devistation....you know how the little boys mind works. :) It was cool to look at and it's a good thing I snapped this picture just before a wandering 1 1/2 year old came over and decided to stick 2 fists right through the top of the volcano. I could almost feel my son's pain but he carefully and nicely lifted the child off his volcano, as the not-paying -attention mother came over and was like "Oh, silly boy...hahahahahahaha". I was thinking "HELLO! Are you even WATCHING your child that's RIGHT BY THE OCEAN!!!!!" Goodness. Ethan rebuilt, good as new.



Then Garret decided to take up skim boarding. That was cool to watch. He didn't do too well at first, got a little frustrated then kinda got the hang of it towards the end. It probably would've been easier for him earlier in the day but the tide was coming up and not giving good conditions for skim boarding. Also, there was this cute little kid that was stuck to his side and didn't give him much room to throw out the board, but Garret made a break for it every so often.



It was a bright, bright sunshiny day let me tell ya. I'm a bit crispy, but ok (don't have pic's for that part, sorry). There was a bright glare off the ocean and even though I applied, and REAPPLIED the lotion, it was to no avail. Hoping it'll turn into a beautiful tan and not a peely mess. Thank you Lord for providing a wonderful day for my family to enjoy your beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots and good story. Oh by the way was that a Shark in the last picture! hehehe
Love ya Mom