Monday, January 08, 2007



Timmy. Timmy has been in our lives for 3 years now. He has been my boys little roommate and while we were redoing my boys room (see tomorrow's blog, have to download pictures still), we noticed something wrong with Timmy...He wasn't moving at all. I reached in and picked him up...stiff as a board. Our little Timmy the turtle was dead. I cried. I never thought I would get so emotional over the little guy. I felt so bad for him though. He was at our mercy, in his little cage thingy, and we let him down somehow. I did all that i knew to do, but yet is wasn't enough. It was so hard to tell my boys this morning about Timmy. I found him last Thursday but they had just gotten home late last night. Ethan just looked out at him, Garret lost it and just boo hoo'd all over the place.

We're not sure how he passed. He really was the best turtle ever. He would "knock the rock" on the glass when you would put your fist up to the glass. I loved it when he would climb up on his little log and plant face first into the ground...he was always the extreme thrill kind of a turtle. Thank God we would come home in time to flip him back on the right side. :) He really was the coolest turtle ever.

We are having a service tonight in his honor as we bury him. The boys wanted this kind of closure. If you can, just say a prayer for my little guys. Timmy's passing was rough on them.

No comments: