Wednesday, December 27, 2006









Christmas time, come and gone. Just wanted to put up a few highlights of my Christmas time this year. Went up to my mom's house on Saturday. Actually I went up Friday night after doing a worship set for a Set Free ministry in Escondido. Spent the day shopping with my mom and helping prepare the dinner. It was so much fun. Kinda miss doing that with her now that I live an 1 1/2 away. Jeff took the boys around to see his side of the family. Their first visit was to their Papa Danny (Jeff's dad). They had a nice time there.

Then onto seeing Uncle David and Auntie Rachael and Morgan. IT was so cute cause my boys got these toys from Mc Donald’s that were for girls and thought that Morgan would just love them and they wrapped them up to give to her. They were right, she loved them. I think cause she knew it was from their hearts as well. Oh, and they wrapped a tooth brush for her as well. I don't know, again, it was just from their heart.

Then Jeff took them over to see Uncle Darren and Aunt Nadyne. However, she was out shopping with her mom (as I was also at the time) :) but they saw their Uncle Darren. It was a nice time there (they got to play with Peanut, their toy poodle).

After all that we all met back at my mom's house for a wonderful dinner. My brother was very late but there none the less. We all exchanged gifts and everyone enjoyed each others presence. My mom got me gift cards to Ulta (hair and makeup Mecca) and to Starbucks (Mmmmm Chai Latte). I was surprised to get anything really cause a few weeks before she paid for me to get my hair done. That was totally awesome cause it was so long over do and, I love the new "do" we created as well. Trying to grow my hair out hasn't been easy. That will be a while another blog. :) It's so good to spend time with my mom and dad. Kinda miss having them near by.

Christmas Eve was spent at church as we had great time of fellowship. Had a candle lighting service where Christy and I led worship and sand Christmas songs. Then we ate tamales with our Spanish speaking brothers and sisters at our church. Then went back to our house and opened gifts from each other. Got some really AWESOME stuff. Jeff got me $100 in spa certificates and Christy got me a watch, a beautiful picture that I wanted for my house (which I went to go get and mysteriously it was already bought...never even thought that Christy got it.) and Pooky. I'll take pictures tonight and upload them tomorrow. Oh, and she also gave my entire family the gift of seeing the Nutcracker Suite. Her mom Ully got me something cool too - a DVD on massage therapy. That's a gift that keeps on giving (to all those around me) :)

Christmas day was awesome as well. It felt so good to bless my kids with gifts. I have never been a real big fan of the whole Santa thing with my boys. Just kinda got started with the first one (family and all) and it was hard to keep it from the second. Jeff and I decided that we are no longer going to be living this Christmas lie and wanted to get the holiday back to it's original purpose - to celebrate Jesus' birth. So, we told our youngest son Garret that there's no such thing as Santa, but that long ago there was a man who would give toys to children but he died many years ago. But, there's one that still lives that we need to celebrate this season...and we shared with him the birth of Jesus and the importance of His sacrifice. He took it well and now we can leave the lie behind us all. :)

I got so many wonderful things and I want to thank everyone. I hope all of you that read this had a wonderful Christmas this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry New Year!

the Franster said...

You silly