Wednesday, September 27, 2006



Ecuador!

I'm so excited. About 3 weeks ago God laid it on my heart to go to Ecuador. Jim (the leader for this trip) happened to mention it to me one day about praying if I should go. It started something in my heart and I prayed, God said Go, I obeyed. so here I am, a week and a half away from leaving. Some of you probably don't know but I work for a missions organization called e3 Partners. My job is I handle the logistics of sending different teams out on short term missions to work with the nationals and help build up the church body in different countries. I have been here since January of this year and have helped numerous teams and helped team leaders get these trips up and going. Now, God has finally called me by name and told me to go.

I have at times questioned if I heard the Lord and all. I mean, he only gave me 3 weeks to raise support (it costs a bit to go on these trips - airfare can be costly) and I knew that within my own means I couldn't afford it. I am almost there now in my fundraising - only a few hundred to go. :) This has been a real test of faith for me. I sometimes have issues trusting, yes, even trusting in my Almighty God. But I have to take rest in the Lord and know that if He told me to go (which I know He did) that he will make the way.

So, when you all think of me or Ecuador, please pray. I'm leaving my 2 beautiful boys and my husband behind for 8 days. Keep us all in prayer. Thanks!

No comments: