Monday, September 25, 2006


There's so much in this life I don't understand. I don't deal with death too much. Actually I haven't in awhile. But this last Friday night I got a frantic call from one of my precious kids (I was a youth pastor for 5 years) and she was crying saying her mom was gone. At first I thought maybe she had run away or been kidnapped...but then she cried, "She's dead". I was speechless. I knew her mom. I loved her mom.

But, then she asked me the question, "Where is she at now?" How do I answer? I know she didn't attend church. I knew she wasn't faithful to the Christian faith...but I knew her heart. I knew she knew God was real, and that He loved her. But had she accepted Him into her life? I personally never knew but...who only knows really but God. So I told her "I can't answer that question. I can't say really if she's in heaven or hell. God truly knows the heart and it's not for ANY person here on earth to put her in either place. Have hope that the light you showed her rang true in her heart and that maybe at the last moments, she excepted and will meet you in heaven". I just kept telling her to have hope. I also encouraged her not to let anyone put her in hell...No one knows but God (I said that cause there's a few people who might have contact with her that might try to tell her that bologna!)

Candace if you're reading this, I love you. Have hope that you will see your mom again. She was a precious soul and she will be missed. I will miss her. Have hope in your God. Although we don't always know why or understand (which I certainly don't at the moment), I know our God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He has sent you a comforter, the Holy Spirit. Lean on Him and surround yourself with those of like minds. Let Logan comfort you and be he arms of strength you need. Call me with anything, I will do as I can. If anything, I will just cry with you. I love ya girl.

No comments: